Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Vietnam : A Miscellany






Well here I am again. I havnt posted in awhile because of torturously slow internet connections so I thought I would provide a quick update of my progress. I left Nha Trang and headed to Ho Chi Minh City which was a fun place, very noisy and chaotic. Plus there was a bia hoi place within 12 seconds staggering distance of my guesthouse. I then travelled by boat through the Mekong Delta towards the Cambodian Border. Here are some assorted photographic snapshots -

It was quite odd having a beer whilst a crocodile stares at you.

These are some dead things from a market in the Mekong. I dont know what they are though. Or were.

A mock-up of one of the notorious "tiger-cages"used by the French on display at the War Remnants Museum in HCMC. I think the model looks a bit like Johnny Depp.

I think most people have seen this one (mainly because I sent it to everybody) but this is me firing an AK474 at the Cu Chi Tunnels outside HCMC.

The Delta again. And thank heavens that with just one day of my month in Vietnam left I finally got to travel by boat down a Vietnamese river while listening to the Rambo soundtrack on my MP3 player!

1 Comments:

Blogger Victoria Pink said...

Good to hear from you again, and great photos. Send me an email some time to update me on progress.

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home