Saturday, April 07, 2007

And how the world turns...

...yielding place to new. The wheel spins, time go by in unceasing flow, autumn leaves fall, the flow of history - skip to the end!
So here I am back in Bangkok for the fourth and final time. Fourth time I hear you cry in perplexituity. Yes, flew in on November the 12th, went north, into Laos,Vietnam, Cambodia, back into Thailand, Bangkok for one night, southern Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, flew from Singapore (that was a really nice and extremely well organised airport by the way) to Bangkok for a couple of nights, went to Kanchanaburi (where the Bridge on the River Kwai is located) and finally came back to Bangkok where I currently sit in one of the first internet cafe/bars ever I went in, supping a beer and pondering the trip and it's ending. I am kind of looking forward to coming home. The horror many people feel at the end of a long trip and the subsequent return to reality has the sting taken out of it a little for me as I shall be going to Brighton for a short while then heading to Cornwall to stay with my parents for ???? so I am not leaving Asia and heading straight back to work or anything nasty like that.
I have to say however that as I have not found myself whilst travelling, have had no revelatory experience about the nature of my existence and have most decidedly not come to any glorious conclusion as to my purpose in life from hereon out and subsequently have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do when I get back to Brighton from Cornwall I'm a little depressed as whatever happens will almost certainly entail taking a temp-job, probably at Amex and moving into crappy accommodation that's too expensive with people I don't like much.
Still, there's always the hope I'll die of malaria. I understand you can still contract the disease up to three months after leaving an infected area. Fingers crossed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home