Wednesday, November 15, 2006

A learning curve. A steep learning curve

Got chatting last night to a girl who's name I cant remember. She was very nice and I have a photo of her smoking my pipe (some moisturizer spilt in my pack and got on the black plastic stem and its gone GREEN. What the hell is it doing to our skin?)
Anyway, I learnt a valuable lesson. She was amazingly grateful when I saw her sitting on her own and asked if she wanted company. This lifts a significant amount of strain from the whole talking-to-strangers thing. Eveyone here wants company, even the beautiful get-the-fuck-away-from-me-you-strange-man-with-a-disturbingly-encyclopedic-knowledge-of-herr-Hitler ones.
Drunkenly arranged to meet up again today but think I insisted on an early start which I then missed on account of being hung-over (in this heat this is not pretty). Ah well.
Managed to drag my ass out at about 3pm and made my way to the Bangkok National Gallery. Very nice, some interesting contemporary art which I have some nice photos of, though I will nail my colours to the mast and say that contemporary Thai art is really, really boring.
Will have to decamp to a cheaper hotel tomorrow and give serious thought to moving up country soon. Unless my sums are wrong I've spent about 250 pounds so far and I haven't even had anyone love me long time yet.
You know, this is relevant of absolutely nothing but three people (taxi driver from the airport/one handed girl and friend/last night's girl) have said I look very very young for my age and have been surprised that someone of my tender years is making this lengthy spiritual and emotional journey in search of string.
No joy on that front.
Haven't found a cinema yet either.
This trip is shaping up to be a real bust.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do seem a little pre occupied with ladies of the night

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home