Saturday, January 13, 2007

I am Captain Caucasian from the Milky Bar Planet in the Blond Nebulae!



Or possibly Blond Boy from the Milky Bar Planet in the Caucasian Nebulae....or maybe Colonel Caucasian from the Planet Blond in the Milky Bar Nebulae...anyway, you get the general idea.
I know I havent posted for a while so here is a very brief rundown of my recent activities.
I left Vientiene on the 3rd and went to Paksan (which was crap so I just stayed overnight) then to Ba Na Hin (which is a very small 'town' in the middle of nowhere but is quite nice..it was here that I felt like Captain Caucasian, think I'll have to get that printed on a T-shirt, and got stared at by all the children) from where I got a songthaew (half taxi/half truck) to Tham Lot Kong Lo (a really big cave, 100m high and as wide in some places, where a river runs through a mountain that you can take a boat along) then I stayed overnight at a nearby village then I went to Lak Sao (which was also crap and I only stayed one night) and then my visa for Vietnam finally kicked in so I headed to the border and finally arrived in Hanoi at 3.30am on the 9th. It was a bitch of a journey and I got ripped off a little by my transport (which is kind of obligatory) but Hanoi is really good, very lively which is nice after the past couple of weeks in Laos which have been spent in fairly primitive accomodation in extremely quiet places. My room in Hanoi has a bath (a BATH I tells ye!) a fridge and a T.V.! So I have spent the last few days having baths, drinking beer from the fridge and watching crap films on HBO. Oh, and I also visited the War Museum, Museum of Fine Art, Ho Chi Minh Museum, Museum of Vietnamese Revolution and took in a Water Puppet Theatre Show. Oooh arent I cultural? I was thinking of going to the Hanoi Opera House tonight but there is a ballet version of West Side Story playing which I didnt fancy.
Will be heading to Nimh Binh tomorrow and will try to post some pictures soon depending on how long this machine takes to upload them.
By the way, the cave shown is not the one I've mentioned. It was one near Vang Viang from which operations were planned during the war.
Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home