Sunday, June 10, 2007

Achieving Nirvana in Cornwall.


I was walking over the North Cliffs from Portreath to Tehidy Woods on a cloudy day sometime last week when the wind picked up and started to blow the clouds across the sky. As this happened the sun began to shine through and rays of golden light beamed forth making a play of ephemeral beauty across the shimmering surface of the sea. I sat down and watched the spreading display and started to get the sneaking dark suspicion that maybe there was meaning to life. Like an organic connection between all living things, a higher power, God, Yahweh, whatever. As the last of the clouds disappeared and the sun blazed forth in all it's miraculous magnificence the synapses in my brain exploded with the force of a thousand super novas, time stood still, I heard the seagulls call my name and my spirit was taken out of my body and transported to a higher realm of pure enlightenment and joy. I felt the presence of God, the mysteries, secrets and meaning of the universe were revealed to me and I realised as though I was shot in the third eye by a holy diamond bullet what my purpose on this Earth and what the point of mine and everyone else's existence was.

Unfortunately I had a pasty and a bottle of wine with me. I was a little peckish after all this spiritual enlightenment, tucked in and by the time I'd finished I'm afraid I'd kind of forgotten the gist of it.
I think it had something to do with taking regular exercise and only cooking with olive oil but I cant be sure.
It's a shame really. I think it could have benefited us all.
Sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home