Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Queen's Gallery



Hello. Went to the Queen's Gallery today. Had to cross a six lane road to get there. The trick would seem to be get a bunch of Thai people in between you and the direction the traffic is coming and cross when they do as many of the motorists seem to regard the traffic light signals as guidelines rather than commands. Anyway, I was walking around this very quiet, very modern, VERY deserted gallery looking at these peculiar works of art and one of the T.V. installations was using some of the music from the Requiem for a Dream soundtrack. Ooooh, nice choice.
Got chatting to a girl a few nights back and we had a (fairly) good natured drunken argument about religion. I said I was an Ontological Pragmatist and she told me I was just an Agnostic who was hedging his bets. What does she know? She had an aversion to sea-food and hated anything with tentacles, labelling them spooky and unnatural so my entirely reasonable and completely healthy fondness for our suckered brethren struck her as most peculiar. Told her about Geoff. She was baffled at best.
Drew a picture of Geoff in the comments book in the gallery. Tee Hee. And don't give me that look, I wrote a nice comment too. About the three Buddha piece actually. It's kind of like Buddha meets Terminator 2.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home