Thursday, December 07, 2006

Get your motor running.

I rented a scooter yesterday which was great fun. Considering I haven't driven one in about twelve years I think I did pretty well. I only nearly skidded off the road once and only got flagged down by a Thai policeman once after going the wrong way down a one-way street. Fortunately he let the whole thing go as he couldn't speak English and I couldn't speak Thai etc.
I drove out into the country which was good as the roads were all long and curvy and almost completely empty. I don't know how fast the bike went as the speedometer was broken but it seemed pretty fast to me. I felt like Arnold Schwarzenneger in Terminator 2. Only on a moped. And in Thailand not America. And not Austrian. Or particularly well built.

Ho hum...I'm a bit bored. I don't have any money left for Thailand and am just waiting till tomorrow when I am heading into Lao. I'm going to catch a slow-boat down the Mekong to Muang Phuang (or it's something like that). Lao is supposed to be a lot cheaper than Thailand and because of the whole colonial French thing decent wine is fairly readily available! I'm getting bored of lager.

I cant seem to upload photos at the moment. Shame as I had a nice one of the King of Thailand where he looks like a cross between Salman Rushdie and Nosferatu.

Umm..guess I'll go and eat now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

Its a strange situation here. You trek all over town to find the cheapest guesthouse and then go out and spend twice as much as your room cost on a couple of beers!

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home