Saturday, November 25, 2006

Australians can be pretty loud too.



Maybe it's the distances in America and Australia. In their home countries they are all so far away from each other that they have to yell. Then they travel and dont realise they could actually shut the fuck up a bit and still be heard.
Anyway...I've left Bangkok. From now on any day before a travel day will be an alcohol free day. Felt terrible, and it was a modern, air-conditioned train too with a toilet that only made you want to cut your head off a little bit at the thought of using it.
I am currently in New Sukhothai which is a short ride from Old Sukhothai (see what they did there?). Old Sukhothai is the sight of some important ruins and temples. Trouble is, "important" doesnt always translate into "interesting". That pile of rubble you're looking at may be sacred to Thai folk but it means flip all to anyone else. This place was recommended to me buy a couple of people but apart from the two places I have posted photos of its not really up to much. Anyway, from here I should be able to move on to Mae Sot on the Burmese border and from there up country to the hillside trekky areas. I demand some jungle! And dinosuars...lots of dinosaurs.

Aaaargh!!! Just saw my first mosquito!! I'm gonna' die!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home