Thursday, April 12, 2007

Forgot to mention...

The day before I spotted my parasite I visited the Siriraj Medical Museum that included the Sood Sangvichien Prehistoric Museum, the Songkran Niyomsane Forensic Medicine Museum and......the Parasitology Museum!! Lots of pictures of scary looking things and the scary looking stuff they can do to you. Oh what exquisite timing!
No sign that I'm developing Elephantiasis in my foot just yet though which I'm quite happy about.

It's Songkran Festival here at the moment (Thai New Year) which involves spraying lots of water about and smearing each other with some kind of flour and egg paste. It is unsurprisingly particularly manic around the Kao San Road.

I am most decidedly NOT entering into the spirit of things. Remember that because of my medicational needs I am completely sober. My plan to fill one of the plastic super-soaker guns everyone is using with concentrated acid instead of water came to nothing when I forgot that concentrated acid melts plastic. I now have a new plan to replace the water with bullets and the plastic gun with a real one.

But seriously, a bunch of Thais given licence to assault foreigners, westerners given licence to act like hyperactive children and a whole load of cheap booze swilling about. Sounds like the perfect recipe for an out of control bloodbath to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home