Monday, March 26, 2007

Leeches

I went to Taman Negara National Park a few days ago which is a huge area of preserved 180,000,000 year old rain forest. I did a six hour trek into this bastard and stayed overnight in a hide. Here you see me in an state of shagged-outedness that I don't think I have ever attained before and hope never to attain again. Once I got back to semi-civilization I found this chap (along with a couple of others) keeping me company and felt compelled to take a photo of him sucking his heart out in parasitical contentment before squirming away loaded with my blood after I burned him off with a lighter.

When I was in the hide rats got into my food bag during the night and nibbled my crackers. They did not however get their sharp little teeth on the Whole Nut bar I had tucked away at the bottom of my rucksack. Ha ha! Man triumphs over animal! In your face Mother Nature!

1 Comments:

Blogger Victoria Pink said...

How horrible, rats coming in while you're sleeping - my worst nightmare by a long way...

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home