Tuesday, May 01, 2007

And the Queen's Gallery plays another blinder.







Definitely the best gallery I have seen on my travels. Laos and Cambodia have no contemporary art scene to speak of and Vietnam's consist of really bad facsimiles of existing western art styles depicting Vietnamese scenes. Alright, Singapore had good contemporary art but that's cheating as it's not really a country although it's considered as such plus it has the immeasurable advantage of a heavy and healthy British influence over it's affairs.
I think I'm getting really patriotic. As Neil said in response to one of my emails, "typical, you go travelling and discover your inner fascist".
I want to go fox hunting when I come home. But replace the foxes with single mothers and immigrants, they're a bit more nippy.
By the way, sorry the last picture is a bit blurry but I had to take it quickly as you were not supposed to take picture or even have your camera on you and I've been told off elsewhere in Asia for doing so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home